Imperial Weapons Technician

Show off your progress and hard work here (not restricted to Star Wars)!

Moderators: Drewid, RaiderNick, hbrika

Imperial Weapons Technician

Postby jamzyfett » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:59 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm Jamie, I've been lurking around for the past few months, and keenly following the developing CRl for the "rebels" version of the Gunner, Well now I've finally decided to take the plunge and get started on this costume, it's going to be a long road ahead but I'm sure I can do it. It will be awesome If its a success. And I look forward to getting to know many of you as I progress. :)

As always I did lots of homework, taking screenshots and looking at the digital art.

My gloves have arrived today, I had the ones with he three stitches on the back as they seem to be the closest match the ones from the episode

I have also had a go at the Rebels Style Belt Buckle, I used PVC and sprayed with metallic silver and added the "drawn" Circle, I'm in the process of making the rest of the belt now as well.

The Helmet is one of the hardest parts, as the rebels design anatomically makes no sense lol, the visor is below the eyeline so visibilty would be nothing. So Instead I'm having to get my helmet as close as possible whilst still being safe to troop in. I have a helmet kit from Q which I'm going to modify, the threee main differences seem to be

1. A yellow Imperial Cog instead of white
2. Lower Jawbone and Narrower Visor
3. Flat Comm Box, (the details are also "drawn" on like the belt buckle)

(This is the comm box I have come up with, Again like the Belt buckle I made this from PVC, It still needs some more sanding and a respray of paint to get a smoother finish, but its a start)

As for the actual Helmet, so Far I've Just used Masking tape as a guidline, I've found I can lower the jaw to this and still retain decent vision, any lower however and it becomes unwearable.

Overall I'm really excited about this build, what do you guys think so far, please let me know if anything needs fixing etc. and Sorry about the massive amount of photos lol :lol:
jamzyfett
Rookie
Rookie

First Name: Jamie
Tkid: 0
Garrison: UK

Re: Imperial Weapons Technician

Postby Alpha Chaos 13 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Great start! Here is what we have so far for this CRL: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2603
IG/BH/IC-6367
Imperial Gunnery Corps Mentor
NorthEast Remnant XO
37th Kaminoan Artillery - Tipoca Storm
"Bring the Rain"
Founder
https://www.facebook.com/37thKaminoan?ref=hl
Alpha Chaos 13
Imperial Advisor

First Name: Brian
Tkid: 6367
Garrison: NER

Postby BloodRayne » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Great start indees ! Best of luck ! :)
Gianandrea Comandè
''An chéad duine chun ionsaí, an duine deirneach chun cúlú''
First to attack, and last to retreat.
TS/TR/IG/TI/IC-20791
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... tumeID=239
BloodRayne
501st Master Gunner
501st Master Gunner

First Name: Gianandrea
Tkid: 20791
Garrison: Ireland Garrison

Postby jamzyfett » Wed May 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Well I'm back :P

Been a few weeks, so I though it was about time I updated this WIP, I have done two main updates to this costume. Firstly the Belt, I wasn't too happy with the plastic belt i made from scratch so I ordered a Imperial officer Belt and instead modified it. There are no holes and the buckle is metal which is a plus as no paint required :P

First I removed the Disk from the buckle which was just held in with a screw, I then filled in the hole with some Bondo.

Then I simply sprayed a chrome silver onto the center of the buckle using a circle stencil which then helped me to draw the 'ring' around it.
Finally I also added a working 15mm Snap which allows me to fasten the belt in place, and for trooping I'll wear the snap to the right of the buckle as mentioned on the crl.

And Voila, a Rebels Imperial Belt :D

Next Item I have finished (hopefully) is the helmet, in the end I had to do a lot of modifying to get it anywhere close to the rebels design, but I think I got there in the end. It has the narrower visor and slightly more shallow jaw, (This was the most I could modify it whilst still being able to fit on my head and most importantly, still being able to see where I am going lol)!
I went with a satin finish spraypaint as this seemed to be the closest finish to the helmet in the episode.
Image Image
Also the details on the coms box are drawn on like the belt.

So thats all for now folks, Ill hopefully have more pics soon, Ive just started making the slightsuit and boots, so shouldnt be too long before I post up on here again. :) :gunner:
jamzyfett
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mitthrawnuruodo » Thu May 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Looking great so far!
First and only Galactic Scourge!
Mitthrawnuruodo
General
General

First Name: Bobby
Tkid: 13525
Garrison: Garrison Carida

Postby Alpha Chaos 13 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Nice progress!
IG/BH/IC-6367
Imperial Gunnery Corps Mentor
NorthEast Remnant XO
37th Kaminoan Artillery - Tipoca Storm
"Bring the Rain"
Founder
https://www.facebook.com/37thKaminoan?ref=hl
Alpha Chaos 13
Imperial Advisor

First Name: Brian
Tkid: 6367
Garrison: NER

Postby jamzyfett » Sat May 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi Guys got another update for you :)

First on the list I have, spent some time with the members on the "Imperial armored cavalry detachment" to ask for some help towards this costume, and they have kindly given me the contact details for someone who can supply me with some plain cast ATDP leg armour, as the design is almost identical to the rebels gunner, (all Ill need to add is the buckle and paint them plain black).

Next I have started work on the flight suit, again I was advised by a friend in the UKG to modify a plain flight Suit to save paying allot of money for an ATDP suit to only have to modify it as well. I found this one on Amazon, it fits perfectly so ill be adding the correct pockets, collar and then dye it grey. I ordered 2 so I can use one for scrap fabric to make the pockets and collar.

Image its made from cotton drill, so its a nice sturdy fabric and has no decorative stitching and only 3 pockets which i can remove easily enough.

I have made a template for the 'standing' collar which will meet in the middle. which I will transfer onto fabric.

The pockets are also coming along nicely, I have made 4 (2 for the arms and 2 for the legs, all of which will have "Chevron" shaped flaps, I just need to make the pouch for the com box next).

I have also made the com box for the arm, following the CRL its 5cm squared and is black with a raised edge and a smaller square which will go facing the elbow.

And aplogies but I simply couldn't resit just trying the costume on so far!! :lol: :lol: :lol: fingers crossed I can make some more progress next weekend :D :gunner:
jamzyfett
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MudGunner » Sun May 14, 2017 12:42 am

Looking good, definitely be something different out there :)

Jon
MudGunner
Gunner
Gunner

First Name: Jon
Tkid: 10601
Garrison: Badlands

Postby BloodRayne » Sun May 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Ahh that's great progress! I can't wait to see it finished :gunner:
Gianandrea Comandè
''An chéad duine chun ionsaí, an duine deirneach chun cúlú''