How do you guys mold your helmets?

Dont leave home without it.

Moderators: Drewid, RaiderNick, hbrika

How do you guys mold your helmets?

Postby Stormystormtrooper » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:32 am

Hey, guys. I was thinking of vacuum forming my own helmet. But, I do not know what the molds should look like. I know the general shapes and all, but I want to make sure I shape them the correct way. Thanks!
Stormystormtrooper
Rookie
Rookie

First Name: Toshi
Tkid: 0

Re: How do you guys mold your helmets?

Postby Drewid » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:27 pm

The movie accurate ones are formed off an old WWII Navy Talker helmet. The action figure style is a little taller and narrower than the screen used helmet. You can use the real WWII helmet to pull from but I recommend creating a buck that is designed to have the right lines and shape. That way the scoop and the jawbone will line up better. Unfortunately, I've loaned out my WWII talker helmet and I'm still waiting to get it back otherwise I'd take measurements from it.
"Web Jawa" Drew
Imperial Gunnery Corps Detachment Leader
IG/IC/CB/TK 4237
Drewid
Detachment Leader

First Name: Drew
Tkid: 4237
Garrison: Southern California

Re: How do you guys mold your helmets?

Postby Stormystormtrooper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 am

Drewid wrote:The movie accurate ones are formed off an old WWII Navy Talker helmet. The action figure style is a little taller and narrower than the screen used helmet. You can use the real WWII helmet to pull from but I recommend creating a buck that is designed to have the right lines and shape. That way the scoop and the jawbone will line up better. Unfortunately, I've loaned out my WWII talker helmet and I'm still waiting to get it back otherwise I'd take measurements from it.

Thanks, I noticed the difference and I wasn't too sure. Hope you get your helmet back!
Stormystormtrooper
Rookie
Rookie

First Name: Toshi
Tkid: 0

Return to Helmet